Saturday, October 24, 2009

Biggest Loser - Vegas Version

So, I was reluctant and slightly embarrassed, but I gave in (thanks to Kara) and signed up for a Biggest Loser competition with 19 other people from church. We are doing a 12 week challenge to see who can lose the most weight, even during the holidays. That was kind of the point - let's at least not gain weight during this time of year. We each pitched in $20. The winner with the lowest percentage of weight loss wins the $400 pot.

So, with that extra motivation I finally went back to the gym this week. I went to a kickboxing class on Friday - apparently you don't call it kickboxing anymore though. It's Body Combat. Basically it's kickboxing but you act like you're beating up an assailant. So, kickboxing meets self-defense?? Regardless, it was fun but I'm out of shape. Two years ago, I was THAT girl - the one up front who knew all the routines and who would spar with the teacher (yes, I know, those girls are annoying) and now I am the one in the back who is getting a drink every five minutes.

But the point is, I took a step in the right direction and I am excited for a little friendly competition. The trash talking has already started - church should be fun on Sunday...

4 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad you're doing this with me! It helps so much to have support, at the gym and just right around the corner if I need it! It's so much fun talkin' trash too! I Love it!

Cute pictures of Miles with your Grandma! He is the most beautiful baby. I know he's a boy, but he is just perfect!!! And, I can't believe Claire named her doll Matt Hiller! What a crack-up!

Erika said...

I'm behind you, as much as I can be 1,000 miles away. I know you can do this. YOU know you can do this, and you WANT to do this. Email me or call me if you need to confess or if you need a boost. Go get 'em, Tiger!

~ kietra ~ said...

Way to go Shan!!! Kick some butt!!

Mere and Matt said...

You're such a competitive person; you'll most definitely take the cake in this one. I'd put my $400 on it! (Theoretically, if I had $400 to my name...)