Saturday, October 24, 2009

Meeting Grandma Ray

I feel so fortunate to have all four of my grandparents alive and kicking - my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson recently came to visit, and they had just gone golfing together. How cool is that? My Grandma Dennis (Grandma Ray, to us) flew out from Kansas for my cousin Jace's wedding last weekend in Bakersfield, CA. I couldn't pass up the chance for her to meet my kids for the first time. Plus Bakersfield is a nice halfway point from Vegas to Sacramento, so my parents came as well.

It was a short trip but so fun - my dad joked that my mom had been so excited to see Claire and Miles and that's all she talked about for that week. I know that we are now just the caretakers to the grandchildren, and I wasn't offended in the least to know that my kids are the main attraction.

I thought this was funny - Grandma brought Claire a doll that laughs (for a long, long time) and Claire named it Matt Hiller (don't be mad Grandma, but we are taking the batteries out ASAP).

My mom took the photos with Grandma Ray that I really wanted to get and they turned out so cute. Claire was off running around at the park but we got a few with her too.


3 comments:

Laura said...

I love they way your pictures turn out! What type of camera do you have? I know matt from forever ago so I totally read your blog. Sorry if I am creepy like that :) You guys have the cutest kids!!!

Becky said...

I love, love, love these pictures. I'm very jealous you got to see Grandma. Miles looks like he has a mohawk. :)

Matt and Shannon said...

We have a Nikon - D60 I think. My mom took the photos in this particular post and she has a Cannon, something sort of similar to our Nikon.