Sunday, November 1, 2009

Miles' Baby Blessing

Miles was given a name and a blessing today in our church service - Matt gave him a beautiful blessing. I wish I had written down everything he said to record it in Miles' baby book.

It might not be the best comparison, but a baby blessing reminds me of when the three fairies come visit Princess Aurora soon after she is born in the movie Sleeping Beauty. They each think of a wonderful gift to give to the princess. A baby blessing is kind of like that - it is a blessing for all the good things we want and hope for a child. If today is any indication, Miles has a great life ahead of him.

Thank you to all of the friends and family who came for the blessing - we felt very loved today!





3 comments:

Erika said...

I cannot tell you how much I wish we could have been there.

Stephanie Carmi said...

Tons of great photos! Miss you guys!

Erick and Megan said...

I wish we could have come! Glad he's all blessed and official! Great costumes!! So clever!