Friday, May 14, 2010

Miles - 9 months



Here are the stats for Miles' 9 month check up:

Weight - 21 lbs
Length - I'm not sure, I think maybe 29 inches...we thought the dr said 21 inches which can't be right...
Head - 45.0 cm
Teeth - 2 on the bottom
Tricks - he can wave hello and shakes back and forth when you tell him to shake it, as in "your groove thing"

Miles crawls quickly now and has all but abandoned the army crawl. He will go up on his legs so his knees don't touch the floor, yoga style, especially when crawling on tile or a wood floor. He is also pulling up on the couch and anything else he can reach, to try to stand up. He will laugh at anything Claire does - and he laughs hard. Matt and I can't make him do more than a courtesy laugh half the time. Though he is Claire's biggest fan, he also suffers at her hand - she doesn't try to be malicious but she has definitely earned her "don't touch Miles" rule. No touching Miles' head especially - she pushes his head down, knocks him so he falls on his face while he is crawling, and just doesn't know how to show affection without bonking him somehow. He rarely cries, but she makes me crazy. I guess that's how it is with kids born close together. All in all, Miles is great!

3 comments:

Kara said...

He is getting SO big and cuter and cuter every day! He looks so much like Claire in that picture! He also weighs as much as Jackson!

I cannot believe your insurance Dillemma! What a pain the the butay! Good luck with that. I really like our pediatrician. It's DR. Bakerink at Wee Care Pediatrics. He came highly recommended by Jenn Eckersley and Natalie Burbidge and Krystal Creviston.

Stephanie Carmi said...

I really can't believe how big he is now. Craziness.

Erika said...

I love reading this. For one, that boy is so sweet and cute. And two, sibling-love is universal, I guess. They give love and beatings.