Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition! This week, I am grateful:

1. That Claire still lets me hold her for more than 10 seconds every now and then. She is such a high-energy little girl, always running and playing. If I insist that she walk instead of run, say at church, she almost looks like it pains her to have to move that slowly.


2. That we have a little boy at our house to balance out all the girly stuff - I think I tell Miles maybe a bit too often - "you are such a boy!" But it is true - he just does things that Claire never even tried or cared to get into. He also likes to be naked :)


3. For an eternal perspective on my life - little things do set me back, or make me sad sometimes, but when you are looking at this life as a test of our faith and of our actions, it makes sense that challenges would come our way.

4. For sisters - what if I didn't have a sister?! It is nice to have a friend, who is a girl, who is stuck with you no matter what. :) I realized I need more photos of my sister when I went looking for a current one for this post. Here are a few quotes that I thought best described sisters:

"Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply..." ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~Marion C. Garretty

"Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." ~Margaret Mead

5. My job as the marketing director for an accounting firm - I get to work at a reputable, stable company in this kind of scary economy, plus I have a great schedule - three days a week in the office. I am slowly but surely carving out more time to be home and with my kids - we will get there someday. In the meantime, I am blessed with work and a paycheck. We have had times over the past year without paychecks, which gives you a new perspective on getting to go to work.

6. And because it is Thanksgiving - one more thing to be grateful for, my husband. He can still make me laugh, he is a dad who pitches in and helps with the kids instead of coaching from the sidelines, and he is a lovely 6' 4" to match my need for high heeled boots. We are a good team in a lot of ways.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Erika said...

This post just made me smile from beginning to end. Thank you!

Stephanie Carmi said...

love the photos. my boys like to be naked, too! quicker access...

Becky said...

Shannon Renee,
I love you so much. Thank you for including me in your Thankful Thursday. I am indeed very greatful and thankful for you. I love the quote about how competitive it is being a sister and then it grows into such a strong relationship. That is us exactly! Love you!!