Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

The past week has reminded me that looking for things to be grateful for gets easier when we try every day. Today I am thankful:

1. That we can always start over tomorrow and be better; that we can improve and change as people

2. To live near family, and that they are willing to help my family make it through the school-work-school-church routine each week

3. For Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream - if you haven't had it before, don't start. I want to make sure there are plenty at the store anytime I need some.

4. That I received a much needed apology from someone at work - it was just eating at me and now it feels resolved.

5. That today is Veteran's Day and for the military and patriotic heritage that my children will inherit from both sides of their family.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh man...their oatmeal ice cream is the best. So, so good. And good for you, because it's oatmeal.

I was thinking about that yesterday too, how easy it is to come up with things we are thankful for. There's just so much!