Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I have been keeping a gratitude journal for a few months now - I write down five things a day that I am thankful for and I have found that it really helps me find perspective on my challenges and day-to-day gripes. Some days it is easy to come up with five things, even more than five. Other days I stare at the page and it takes me awhile to come up with something. So for the month of November, I am going to have Thankful Thursdays, an idea I totally stole from a friend but that goes right along with my gratitude journal.

Today I am thankful for:

1. Getting a huge hug from Miles today; he uses both arms to squeeze my neck and face, and it is the most precious feeling in the world.

2. The fact that I can still run up and down a basketball court on Thursday nights.

3. Working from home two days a week to be with my kids, and having an employer that will let me have a flex schedule

4. Eyeliner - I look really scary without it.

5. My 80-year-old grandma, who is willing to travel alone from Kansas to come and see us this month

1 comment:

Erika said...

Sorry, you are too gorgeous to ever look scary.