Thursday, November 18, 2010

Princess Hair

Claire is getting to the age where she cares how I do her hair - she chooses braids, ponytail, pigtails or headband (hair down). I really don't like to have her hair down very often so I usually say - two braids or one ponytail? so she doesn't have the option. Sometimes it works.

Today I had more time than usual to do her hair, so while she zoned into Micky Mouse Clubhouse I told her I'd do a princess hair-do. It would be easier if her hair was a bit longer than shoulder length, but if you want to recreate this look you start at the top and do a french braid, but only take hair from the outside as you add to the braid, if that makes sense. Then just keep going around and pin the end. I added the headband since the end of her braid was right in the middle of her forehead. I predict this will last all of one hour before the braid starts coming out a bit but for now she has Princess Hair! I showed her these pictures to show her what it looked like, and she just gave me a really big smile!



I'm not sure if I will really do this or not, but a few people have asked me to teach them how to french braid and do other cute braids and hair styles for little girls. If you want to join us, let me know and I will plan something.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Will you come play with my hair? I want a princess braid.