Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Sam, Heather's Wedding

I think Claire wants a new baby around the house - No, this is not an announcement.

But when we had a visit from my cousin Krystina and her family, Claire would not leave baby Sam alone. She wanted to hold him the second he wasn't sleeping, eating, or having his diaper changed. And bless Krystina's heart, she let Claire hold him. He is 7 weeks old, and very cute and well behaved. It kind of freaked me out a bit to see Claire holding him with Miles looking on - I guess that is one alternate reality where we could already have 3 kids. Not yet... but in the meantime, we have Baby Sam.



I should mention, the reason we had our family in town was for my cousin Heather's wedding in the Las Vegas temple, the same place Matt and I were married. My Grandpa Johnson married her, and he married us almost 6 years ago. It was a very cool experience for us to sort of relive our ceremony through Heather's wedding. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the bride and groom, but they looked fabulous. A highlight for me was seeing my grandparents - here is a pic of me, Claire, Cousin Nancy (Dad's cousin) and Grandma Johnson.


She paid me such a compliment and said that I look like she did at my age. I have seen pictures of her and she was lovely - and quite slim, so she is giving me an upgrade :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like fun. I have been meaning to ask how it all went. Grandma was lovely, you are right. And my dear, you are beyond lovely.

Marlise said...

That's so funny--I had looked at the picture of your Grandma Johnson, before I read what you wrote, and I thought, "Oh, yeah--I can totally see Shannon in her!" :)