Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I got new shoes for my birthday

Aren't they cute?

I have been walking/running in the mornings whenever I can - though I never made it back to boot camp, I am slowly but surely losing a pound or two here and there, and just trying to be more active. We did a pedometer challenge at work and I came in second with about 85,000 steps in one week - 2,000 steps is a mile. So over 42 miles in one week - that is pretty good for me. I found out that playing basketball earns me about 5 miles of running. Now if I were to just set out to run 5 miles, I would just hate it and be so bored and probably never finish. Hopefully my birthday gifts of new shoes, new workout clothes and an iPod filled with great songs will help me keep up this new habit. I would love to be one of the old ladies I see out walking every morning - they are in great shape and out enjoying the day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

They are cute, but not as cute as Miles is in just his diaper.
That is an insane amount of steps in one week, good job. :)