Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day - Sun and Snow

Our Memorial Day weekend was as varied as the weather - my parents came to town for a much awaited visit, and they were game for whatever we had planned. We got to have Duke visit us as well - he stayed at our house and Claire and Miles fought over him - who got to walk him, feed him, or put him in his kennel. We went swimming, to our ward volleyball game where I scored the winning point for the other team (grr), to Miles gymnastics class, Claire's ballet, and then up to Mt. Charleston for the day.






The Hillers always go camping on Memorial Day weekend - we enjoyed the weather, the hiking, the food and the company until it started getting a bit chilly after the sun went down. Matt and Claire camped overnight but the rest of us went home to sleep in our warm beds.







I went back the next afternoon with Miles only to find the camp covered in snow. I started getting a little nervous when cars were leaving the mountain with about 4 inches of snow on them, but with no cell service I just had to keep going to meet up with Matt. As soon as I got there, Matt said they were packing up to go home. So we played in the snow for a few minutes and then headed back down the mountain to 70 degree weather in Las Vegas.



It was a fun weekend - I am so glad my parents could spend time with us and create some fun memories. Come again soon!

3 comments:

Kara said...

This weather has been crazy! I can't believe they camped and it snowed on them! Were Claire and Matt freezing? Sounds like your parents still had a great time and I bet your kids loved having them here. And you of course!

Becky said...

That sounds so fun, and I am so glad Mom and Dad, and Duke, came to visit. Crazy weather! The kids look like they had a bunch of fun though.

Mark A. Johnson said...

It was great to be with the Hiller Family. They are always so kind and gracious. The snow was not a big deal, it reminded us of home. We'll be back again soon.