Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Claire's First Day of School

I officially have a preschooler! Claire went today and she was so excited, meanwhile I seriously had butterflies in my stomach as I dropped her off. I loved school, and I think she will too. But this is just the first of many steps where other people outside of our family will influence Claire and teach her when I am not around. Get used to it, right?

Claire got to use her Dora backpack, wear the outfit she picked out at Target, bring a folder her teacher gave her during orientation, and meet the other five kids in her class today. We are doing an in-home preschool, and the teacher is on top of things. The class is on Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours. She asked Claire a few questions during her one-on-one orientation and treasure hunt to find out just what Claire knows (shapes, colors, ABCs, numbers). I was a bit worried because Claire will be younger than the other kids, but Ms. Chantelle said she did great and couldn't believe Claire was only three.

I am so glad Claire is willing to go and doesn't seem nervous - she didn't even hug me when I dropped her off, and I think she looked back maybe once before she went inside. So much for pictures in the preschool room.

4 comments:

Becky said...

What a big girl. I can't wait to hear how she liked it.

Lauren said...

She is so cute, I love those cheeks!

Kara said...

She's so cute and she's going to have a great year- I'm sure! She's so smart- she'll do great!

Alifinale said...

What a big girl! I can't believe it. I love Ms. Chantelle. I think I know every kid in that class and I am sure she will have so much fun with them. The twins are such sweet and fun girls.