Monday, September 12, 2011

How to Pick a Husband and Other Thoughts by Claire

According to Claire, you get to pick your husband from a line up. I told her we are going to lunch with a friend, Jessi. She asked what color is Jessi's hair, her eye color, and if she is married. The three important factors. I told her no, Jessi isn't married yet and she wanted to know why Jessi didn't have children. Well, because she isn't married yet, of course.

Claire said - "Well, you got married, right? You picked out Dad." I said, yes, I picked dad. She said - "Where? From where all the other dads were together?" Yep, a big group of dads just waiting to get chosen by yours truly. :)


Then the other day we were driving home after work and Claire said, "Mom, how come I don't have any powers?" I asked her what she meant by powers. She said, "Like powers where you can walk up to the sky, or build a house really fast, or you help people." I don't know why we don't have those powers Claire - I could use a few house cleaning or super brain powers these days.

Three days into preschool, and Claire already came home with a story about one of the kids saying something to her that made me upset. But instead of calling up the parents and being crazy overprotective like I want to be, I just asked her, "Well, what did you say back?" And she said, "I didn't say anything..." and just shrugged her shoulders, like, what else would I do?

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love hearing these Claire sayings. And I love imagining the group of Dads. :) Cute kiddo!

Erika said...

That girl makes me smile! And we all know that you had guys lined up to be your babies' daddy.

Ali said...

Those are great! Makes total sense that there is just a group of Dad's waiting around for us, right? :)