Sunday, September 18, 2011

Where Hello Kitty, Barbie and Jessie Hang Out...

... at Claire's fourth birthday party!

This kid loves her some Hello Kitty! All of a sudden, she is more popular than the princesses, though she is barely holding the lead with Barbie (I am silently protesting Barbie over here...) and Jessie.


Claire is at that magic age where everything is amazing and worth shouting for joy about! She makes you feel like your gift was the very best she received, and that her birthday was perfect. I love, love it! Arms up in the air over her cake (though the cupcakes tasted a bit... pink), cheers for Jessie and screams over the Barbie and Ken "Made for Each Other" set from Toy Story.




Claire kept asking me, "Am I really four now?" I told her yes, she could now officially say - I am four! She was in the car with me on her birthday and she was looking at a preschool workbook she has had for awhile - tracing letters, pre-writing skills, etc. She had this sad, thoughtful look on her face and I asked her what was wrong. She said, "I did this book when I was little, a long time ago..." you could almost hear the sigh in her voice. Oh, old age! It comes so quickly, doesn't it?

Claire got some birthday money from my mom and my grandpa, so we decided to go to the Sanrio store at Town Square, which is all Hello Kitty stuff. Wall to wall Hello Kitty backpacks, stuffed animals, jewelry, cookies cutters, dishes, pretty much anything. After much debate, Claire decided on two notebooks, one locked diary, a sparkly ink pen, and a purple Hello Kitty charm bracelet. I asked her if she was sure she wanted all the notebooks and the diary, and she said, "Yes! I need them for school!"

Happy Birthday Claire! We love you!





1 comment:

Stephanie Carmi said...

That sounds and looks like the best birthday anyone's ever had!