Sunday, June 24, 2012

Claire Quotes

After watching Bed Knobs and Broomsticks (Claire's choice), she shouted out, "Good Show!" during the credits. Think "English accent" and you will get how she said it. She may have a knack for doing different voices. She acts out movies and stories all the time, mostly when she is talking to herself in her room.

Claire has another new "voice" - I call it her story voice because she uses it to spin a yarn like you wouldn't believe. She is very serious in her storytelling and repeats herself as she makes up new details. I need to record her soon before she grows out of this stage. She also has a voice for the phone - talking to her friends on our old cell phones about going to work, sending an email, and if it's ok to invite her little brother along to the movies. She is most often talking to Kanda, her go-to name for all conversations with a make-believe friend.

Claire came up to me with a small flip notepad and a pen and began asking me all sorts of questions about our TV, Netflix, the shows that we like to watch, etc. She asked me my name, actually she asked for my full name and its spelling. She also assured me that "we" could fix my TV if it was old and get me a new one, and also set up Netflix if we needed it. I asked her who she was and Claire said, "I'm a TV Reporter." I felt a bit of pride that she was interested in journalism and communication like her mom, and then she said, "Yeah, I ask people about their TVs." Hmmm - market research, maybe?

This is a set of photos currently on my fridge- one of my brother Kenny from his youth soccer league days, and the other of Claire in her first official soccer season photo. Kenny is probably a year or two older than her in his picture, but I think it is so cute to see them side by side. Ken commented that soccer uniforms have sure gotten better than when we were kids - none of the reversible blue and yellow jerseys for Claire!

1 comment:

Beej said...

Investigative reporter Claire Hiller, I'm blow this story wide open!