Thursday, June 21, 2012

Claire's First Manicure and Possibly My Last

I got my nails done the day before Penelope was born - a gel polish that goes on like regular polish but has to be removed at the nail salon. I have been cutting my nails back and letting them grow for 6 weeks - yikes! The tips still looked great but they were almost half way grown out. I haven't been able to justify leaving the house for a nail appointment, and didn't want to take Penelope because of all the fumes and such, but I couldn't take it anymore!

Claire and I went, and I brought Penelope as well. I haven't started pumping to build up a milk supply so she goes where I go. She was fed, clean, and dry. And started to cry the moment I sat down in the chair to get the polish removed. Of course. Luckily there was a nice woman there who offered to hold Penelope. I think she was the owner. So, I let a total stranger hold my baby while I got my nails done. Yep, I was desperate. And Claire got her nails painted too - her first time at a nail salon. She had a great time! She chose a pink sparkly polish, and I chose a silver sparkly polish to go along with her love of all things shiny and covered in glitter. Who knows how long it will be till I make it out to a nail salon again - but I know for the next long while, I will be sticking to polish I can remove myself.


1 comment:

soggydance said...

Oh Shill. I can totally picture this. I went to a salon to get my eyebrows waxed and within second, Shelby exploded. It was awful and I felt so guilty!! Pretty much leaving the house to do Scythian
is an ordeal for me; you are brave!