Saturday, February 2, 2013

Arts and Crafts

Miles has finally started showing more of an interest in coloring and lately, drawing his own pictures. He definitely has a boy's eye for art - like this drawing that he explained to me is his Dad with a gun and bullets.


He is a bit older than Claire was when she started drawing people, but he adds a lot of details in his pictures that she never did in the beginning. The circles on the smile are teeth, he draws eyes with pupils, he uses different colors for hair, and his people almost always have arms and legs. Claire didn't add arms to her drawings til last year. Miles' preferred subject is Matt - while Claire usually chooses to draw me, or the whole family. I'm just glad he is interested in coloring, drawing and painting now. It makes me think he will be ready for preschool in the Fall. He is going to the fabulous teacher that Claire had - we already have our spot!



And here's a cute one from Claire Bear - my scan cut off the end of her name, she spelled it right. :)

2 comments:

Beej said...

From my days at Merryhill, I can tell you that it's rare for a boy to draw a head, arms, and legs. But TEETH?? never seen that and I love it.

Jacqui said...

My favorite things.