Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Sweet P!

Miss Penelope Jane is one year old! This girl has us all wrapped around her finger. She has the cutest toothy smile with a scrunchy nose, the best curly bouncy hair, and is so ticklish that you can't help but make her laugh every time you hold her.

We had a birthday/Mother's Day party on Sunday - I guess she will have to share the holiday every few years, but I said a first birthday trumps Mother's Day so we decorated with pink and more pink. And of course, Penelope needed a little princess crown to top off the whole look.






We took a ton of pictures of the cake eating, so be prepared to be overloaded. But I can't choose my favorites, as usual. When Claire and Miles turned one, they were less than thrilled about their cake. We practically had to smash their hands into it and force feed them. Not so with Miss P. She touched the cake a few times, and then went in face first - no hands required! She ended up eating quite a bit of the quarter of the three-layer cake I made - cake decorating is not one of my strongest skills, that's for sure, but they usually taste pretty good.










Happy Birthday Penelope!  

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love all the cake pictures, except she looks pretty clean for diving in face-first! She is a doll and I still can't believe she's ONE!!