Monday, June 3, 2013

Fishing at Silver Lake

We took a day trip to Silver Lake while in California. My dad took Matt and Miles fishing early in the morning, and the ladies joined them for lunch. Claire was able to go out on the water too with Grandpa - they actually caught one fish! We were hoping for more, but it was still a good day. My dad has some significant memories of his grandpa taking him fishing in Idaho, so it was pretty cool to see the tradition continue.

I didn't come prepared for colder weather at all - we had swimsuits, shorts and t-shirts. Isn't the rest of the country sweating too? So I ran to WalMart and hoped to find a few cold weather items on clearance - Las Vegas has been all bathing suits and tank tops for a few months now so I wasn't hopeful. But I did manage to find a few coats and long sleeve shirts that the kids will probably wear exactly once, but it was worth it. I know Miles would have been absolutely no fun if he were cold. My kids and cold weather do NOT mix. I managed to stay comfortable in a t-shirt if I stayed in the sun - I thought it was a great trip with great weather. I am reminded again of how much I miss trees, water and really any plants that aren't landscaped.

Before we could go fishing we had to find some worms in the front lawn.




Out at the lake, Penelope, Mom and I stayed on the shore while everyone took turns fishing. Then we took a nature walk around part of the lake. 















No comments: