Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Quotes

Miles has an opinion on the clothes he wears now - I just have one child left who will let me dress her however I want. How long will that last, I wonder? Anyway, we were getting ready for church and Miles insists on wearing a tie with his polo shirt and adorable green and blue sweater vest - I tried to explain to him that he didn't need a tie with the polo shirt, let alone the red tie he wanted to wear. I said, "Miles, you don't have any red in your outfit, it doesn't match." He looked in the mirror and said, "Well, my lips are red?"


We went to a local pizza place the other day for dinner (Metro Pizza) and they seated us way in the back, something that happens often when you go to a restaurant with three kids who look like they will be a bit loud and rowdy. We got a circle booth with plenty of room for everyone. Miles takes one look at the table and loudly announces, "Well this is nice and cozy!"

If we are ever in the car or waiting somewhere for any amount of time, Miles says, "Do you want to play 'My Turn, Your Turn?" This is a game, sort of, where you take turns answering based on a theme that Miles chooses. For example, recent rounds of My Turn, Your Turn have included, name your favorite crocodile (Miles' is a purple one), name your favorite animal that lives underwater, and name your favorite animal on a farm. It keeps him occupied during the ride home.

Here he is with a dirty tear stained face - he is such a rough and tumble little boy but is still so sensitive.