Saturday, April 18, 2015

Grandma May's Visit

My mom came to stay with us for about 6 days after Henry was a week old. I told her that keeping the older kids occupied and busy was what I needed most - it seems like the baby is easy, except the no sleeping part. It's the big kids who want you keep up with the same schedule, the same activities and energy level that they are used to. I am afraid I've been really boring since Henry was born - I just want to catch up on sleep with any spare time I have, and that's not so fun for three active kids.

Mom walked the kids to school every day - something they ask me to do all the time, but we are never all ready in time to make it. They loved it! She also helped get them ready in the morning so I could sleep in, and helped them with their homework too. I didn't do any laundry or dishes either. It was nice to just focus on Henry. We also were blessed to have several meals dropped off from friends at church, so we didn't really need to cook much either. Thanks for coming Mom! We should have taken way more pictures!



I found this cutest shirt in the window at H and M before Henry was born - Hello May! for Penelope to wear when Mom was here - she refused to let me take a good photo, but I thought it was the perfect shirt to wear for Mom's visit.



No comments: