Saturday, September 6, 2008

She's standing!

So Claire is now over her adversion to putting her feet down to walk - my dad cured her of it on our trip to CA - she used to just pull her feet up into the air when we tried to get her to walk, while holding our hands.

Then we discovered this magical tutu from Aunt Megan - this was Lily's but we borrowed it for a second. Claire was so fascinated by it that she forgot I let go of her hands. She stood there for a good 10-15 seconds before she realized and promptly sat down in a whoosh of tulle. So now I am trying to make one, thinking it will help her want to stand up more and walk - we'll see if I can make one as cute.


8 comments:

Stephanie Carmi said...

Shan are you making her a girly-girl? I think so. I probably won't be able to help myself if I have a girl, either.

Emily said...

I know it was so weird...last week she wouldn't walk with me and now she will. CRAZY! I love it!

Oh, and I have totally been to Old Town Sacramento and I loved it too. I'm so glad you guys got to go there for the weekend. I bet your parents loved it. how sad for them to live so far from their cute Claire. Oh and you too.

Carolyn said...

She looks like a cute little pixie in her tutu. You will have to tell me if it was hard to make your own. My girls would love to have one.

Cecily said...

That's so cute!!! i know i haven't seen ya in awhile. Aren't blogs great?

Emily said...

Darling!

Kara said...

Claire is getting SOOO big! She's going to be walking before you know it! She is just such a cutie! Glad you got to go spend some time with your family. Makes me want to go home and see mine!

Carl and Tami said...

If you learn how ... PLEASE teach me! :)
Grandparents are the best ... they are a must.

Melissa ( Twin # 1 ) said...

Hey Hiller Family, It's the Jenkins Family from Vegas. I stumbled across your name on a Blog. Your little girl is so cute!!! We just found out we are having ANOTHER BOY !!! That makes it #3. Everyone is telling me to try one more time, But with my chances it will be another BOY !!!!
I'm so glad I came across your blog!!! Keep in Touch !!!
Melissa Jenkins
here is my blog address I'm trying to switch it all over to Blogger.
http://melissa598.vox.com/
Maybe the next time we come into Vegas we should meet up and catch up!!!!