Thursday, September 18, 2008

We found it... now do we want it?

Yep. The truck was found on Tuesday morning at a construction site off of Jones, just North of Russell. A construction worker actually called Matt - not the police. Go figure. We assume he must have got the contact info by looking inside the truck...


The tires and rims were gone - it was up on blocks of brand new wood. Dents and scratches on most of the sides and all equipment was gone, except for the water tank.

The police came about 2 1/2 hours later and looked inside... it had paint splattered all over the place.

My vote is to just take the insurance money, which Geico is actually still letting us take if we want it, and walk away from the truck. I think Matt wants to keep it, but we have to decide in a day or so what to do.


I just wish they would catch the people who stole it - they must live around here to dump the truck just a few miles from our house, after 3 weeks.

8 comments:

Christi said...

I wish you could find the people who did it!!!!! Good luck on your decision!

Alifinale said...

Oh man...just putting salt in the wound. To find it but it is thrashed and not know who did it. I am sorry.

Mere and Matt said...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Sorry to yell that, but I don't understand why people steal other people's things. Didn't we all learn in Kindergarten that that was wrong?

Becky said...

Those pictures make me sick! I vote with you, don't take it back.

Jen H. said...

How can someone not have seen something suspicious? Not only are the thieves guilty, but so are the others who were complicit in letting a crime go unreported!

-KJ said...

Bleh! What a nightmare. At least now you know. I say take the insurance and run! ;)

I have a cousin that had her AND her husbands cars stolen out of their driveway (gated and locked) in a really nice neighborhood. I have no idea how. Anyway, they found them a week or so later. One was totaled and the other could be salvaged, but they eventually had to sell it because it had so many problems. Sad, because it was relatively new.

Good luck. Hope it all turns out well!

Anonymous said...

the same thing happened to my dads work truck years ago!!! im so sorry that stinks at least matt wasnt in it or anything it coulda been way worse!

Anonymous said...

the same thing happened to my dads work truck years ago!!! im so sorry that stinks at least matt wasnt in it or anything it coulda been way worse!