Sunday, January 18, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

On a call with a friend today my phone cut out, a typical occurence in Las Vegas. Then comes the annoying part - you call back, but your friend is calling you back at the same time. You go to their voicemail. So, you wait a few minutes and try again. Your well-meaning friend did the same thing! Voicemail again. This can go on and on until one of you gives up, or just leaves a message saying - hey, just call me later.

So I thought I'd share a cell phone rule that my sister and I implemented a year or so ago. We were both getting more than our fair share of hang ups and bad cell reception. It's quite simple and has made our cell phone calls so much easier.

If you were the one to make the call in the first place, when your phone cuts out or goes dead, then you are responsible to call back, not the recipient of your call. That way everyone knows their job and you can put an end to the five minutes of trying to get back through.

I hope this little tidbit will be useful :)

2 comments:

Alifinale said...

Or you can just hold onto your 10 yr old Nokia and you get awesome reception forever. Gotta love my brick. But that is a good rule. I will keep that in mind next time someone else's phone drops a call.

Emily said...

This makes me laugh because it always seems to happen when I'm trying to talk to my sister in law. You know how bad the reception is at my house...we're constantly trying to call each other back and constantly getting voicemail. I will now implement your rule...genius.

Want to walk at 8 tonight?