Friday, February 20, 2009

Prego

I am drawing a blank when it comes to a clever way to make this announcement - a sure sign that I am pregnant and all brain cells have been diverted to the herculean task of making this baby. I knew I wanted our kids to be close together, about two years apart, and the baby and Claire will have just a few weeks shy of 24 months between them.

Baby Hiller is due on August 30, so I guess I'm about 13 weeks along. I keep rounding up my weeks so I'm getting ahead of myself. Another long, hot Vegas summer. I am just a glutton for punishment I guess.

I had an ultrasound today and everything looked great. The baby is a bit over 3 inches long (size of a lemon) and its feet are just 1/2 an inch long. I don't know why, but hearing the size of the feet always gets me - just too cute! They can do tests for Down Syndrome during the ultrasound - I didn't have that at my last doctor. If there is extra fluid in the folds of the skin on the back of the neck, or a bone missing from the nose, then the baby might have DS. Everything looked good today though - nothing to worry about. The doctor did say my thyroid levels came back high on my last blood test so they did more tests this week -thyroid problems run in my family so I wasn't suprised, but it could harm the baby if left unattended. Other than that, we are A-OK.

Here are some pics and a very short video of the ultrasound - they probably all look the same to you but I love looking at them and want to remember each one.


12 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! And we're so excited that we'll be back in Vegas in time to see Baby Hiller #2 from the very beginning! We love and miss you!

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Congratulations Lady! I wondered why you haven't been hoopin' it up lately! That is soooooooo exciting. Summer babies are the best... you are pretty much clear of RSV and other nasty viruses and sicknesses. The heat is hard... but it's just a great excuse to find a friend with a pool and soak the heat away. I miss you. Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Love Kate

Jacqui said...

Congratulations!! He/she is sooo cute already. Almost makes me want to be pregnant again. It's such a miracle!

Becky said...

He/She is already so cute. I also love hearing how big their little feet are. Love you!

Mere and Matt said...

Congratulations!! Are you going to wait to find out about the gender on this one, too? I'm so happy for you!

Ali said...

Congrats Shan! I can't wait to see you next week!

Carolyn said...

How exciting! You make such cute babies, I can't wait to see what you are having next. Congratulations

Jen H. said...

Yay, another cute niece (or maybe a nephew) is coming my way! We're all so excited!!!

Emily said...

I love ultrasound pictures...they are so cute!!!

I'm so glad everything looked good and you were reassured. Yay we'll be pregnant and miserable together!

Alifinale said...

I love ultrasounds! It's so fun to see the little bugger in there and know they are doing all right. YAY for #2. Can't wait to find out if it is a he or she!

Lauren said...

Congrats!! That is really exciting news!! Glad to hear everything is going good so far!

supermanns said...

Hey Shannon Congrats on being pregnant. and Claire is beautiful I wouldn't think anyting else though jenn