Sunday, February 1, 2009

Totally Awesome

Fans of The Office will appreciate this story.

Today is Matt's 31st birthday - I didn't really plan anything this year since last year was the Big 3-0 and I used up my good birthday ideas already. I wlll do better next year... sorry Matt. It's also the Super Bowl today and Matt does not like to combine his national holidays - so we did his b-day dinner last night at Chile's Restaurant.

Now Chile's is not my favorite place, and by my way of thinking you can pick any place you want to go for your birthday. Matt's sole reasoning for picking the restaurant was because of the Awesome Blossom, since he heard it's totally awesome!

So we get there, and they don't even make it anymore! It's off the menu, no special orders. Can you believe that? He was so bummed. Hopefully the appetizer trio and the Nothing Bundt Cake he had made up for the lack of awesomeness.

Here's a pic of Matt from a recent UNLV game we went to - mainly because I wanted to post it, nothing related to his b-day. :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man that majorly sucks. I could see on his face how excited he was about the awesome blossom. What a rip off.

Happy Birthday Matt!

Jen H. said...

I think Michael Scott is the only person out there who still thinks Chilis is cool. And he's not even a real person.

Stephanie Carmi said...

Hey they took it off the menu because it was so horribly terrible for you. So it's a good thing!!

Anonymous said...

OMG... Outbeak Steakhouse's Blooming Onion puts the Awesome Blossom to shame! :)

Mere and Matt said...

Um, I didn't know my Matt and your Matt nearly shared a birthday. My Matt's was on the Superbowl last year, and letting him watch it was his gift. :) I did only slightly better this year. Cake, balloons, and cologne and a "DWIGHT" poster. Happy b-day Matt H.