Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Da

Yes, Da - as in the Scottish or Irish way to say Dad. I would love to go to those countries someday - I went to England but never made it to Scotland or Ireland before Claire came along, but maybe Matt will get over his desire to visit all 50 states before leaving the country so we can tour Europe. But the next best thing is my dad playing his bagpipes wearing a kilt. Yep, it's pretty awesome.

He basically taught himself to play - I'm sure the neighbors love it, but he lives on 2 acres of land so at least he's not right next door to anyone. He is also a Fire Chief, so he plays for funerals for fallen firefighters and in parades with a group of pipers. Life lessons to learn from this - you can always learn something new if you work hard at it, and even when a job is tough you can find something that you are passionate about to make you love it (he does love being a firefighter though, just sometimes not on the adminstrative side).

I am very proud of him - here are some recent pics in his full getup.


2 comments:

Erika said...

I've only met your dad once, but he seems to be such a cool guy.

I'd like to go to Ireland someday too. Someday...

Nicole said...

That's awesome. He sure went to a lot of trouble just to find an excuse to wear a skirt! :)