Thursday, February 12, 2009

Work Update

I have been kind of quiet about my recent job changes, but, I think I am finally getting organized and have my schedule down, and Vanguard has notified my clients that I am no longer a partner at the firm.

I am now working three days a week - or 30 hours total, for an accounting firm that I used to work for about 4 years ago. It is practically un-heard of to get a part-time job like this so I am very grateful. I am now the very official sounding - Director of Marketing and Administration. I go to the office 3 times a week for face time with the staff, then work the rest of the time from home. It is great! I love the flexibility, but of course someday I'd like even more days from home. Claire changes every day and I hate missing anything. Baby steps.

I also do a bit of work for a local gym - we do PR for trade out. Matt has been taking a super intense boot-camp type class that would normally cost $500 every 6 weeks. I love the barter system! Maybe someday I will be brave enough to take the class too - after I work really hard to get myself in shape enough to even step through the door. Matt loves it and you can really tell he's gotten stronger.

So at least now going to a playgroup once a week is an option, eating lunch with my husband every now and then is possible, and getting errands done during the week is no longer a fantasy. I enjoy these little things now that I have some days at home.

4 comments:

Christi said...

I am so glad that it is working out for you. It is awesome that you were able to find some that worked out so perfectly for you guys.

kh said...

Congrats on making things happen! I think it's great.

Kara said...

I'm glad the new job is working out so well and you are getting to be home with Claire more. It's good to see you at the park with her and enjoying your time during the week.

Amy said...

That's great! Glad to hear everything worked out for the best. Amy