Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Greek Food Festival

We did our part to support the local Greek Orthodox Church's 39th Annual Greek Food Festival this week. I don't know how I managed to still lose 1 1/2 lbs at WW this week, we ate some great food on Thursday. My favorite being these fabulous Greek doughnuts covered in honey called Loukoumades (loo-koo-MAH-thes).

Claire had a great time - running around with Cali and Reagan and dancing, mostly. Since it was her birthday and all, I had to get her one of the skirts that everyone was wearing to dance - I have no idea what they are called but they have all the coins sewed all over them to jingle when you shake, shake, shake it! Which Claire was all to happy to do on the dance floor.

Miles didn't love the loud music but he was pretty mellow until the end. His first food festival - he'll probably enjoy the 40th annual event a bit more since he will actually get to taste the food.


Opa!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Opa!! I love the skirt, good for you for getting her one. I love how Miles is just chillin'. I'm jealous of the delicious food you got to enjoy.