Friday, September 25, 2009

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

My grandparents were in town this week and we got to visit with them for just a short hour before they left on their way to San Diego. I call my grandma "Grandma Rie" because as a kid I couldn't pronounce Marie - so all our whole family ended up calling her Grandma Rie. My niece McKinley, who is now 3, called my mom "May" instead of Grandma Mary - and the name stuck. So we have had the other kids call her May as well. I guess the oldest grandkid sets the standard.

So when Grandma Rie was here, Claire was calling her May - it was really cute. I just love these photos and I am so glad I was able to take them. I have very few photos with my great grandparents and I always loved looking at them when I was a kid.

No comments: