Monday, September 6, 2010

Changes Around Here

We have made some pretty big changes lately, mainly that Matt has gone back to school at UNLV to finish up his Communications degree (we are looking at 3 semesters to finish). Two weeks before school started in August, he was offered a job back in the construction industry doing the same type of work he did at his previous company - doing takeoffs in the estimating department for a local contractor, and hopefully getting to do even more with the bid process in the future.

He is working about 25 hours a week plus taking the 15 credits at UNLV, so our schedule has gone from Matt being at home every day to being away at work or school five days a week. I have been grateful for the past year with Matt at home - I think adjusting to two kids plus working would have been even tougher for me without having Matt to help me at home.

I neglected to get a photo of him on his first day of school like all the other families - I will have to get one of him soon though.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

So I totally missed you while in Vegas. I felt like a bag friend! Our days were packed and a ton of fun, though. We went to I Love Sushi--sooooo yummy!! And we saw the Circ show Mystere (or however it's spelled). Incredible! I thought of Matt's valet days when we were downtown (Venitian, right?) and of his gag reflex when he smells cheap vanilla perfume. Funny. The Strip is so gross. Like SO gross. Like burn-in-hell gross, but we had a good time in spite of it! We were both glad we stayed in Henderson (at the Green Valley Ranch--cool place).

Anyway, let's DEFINITELY get together and go to lunch or a girl's dinner out. Think you'll have time?

Jacqui said...

PS Claire is ADORABLE. Mr. Miles, too. Claire and Babe would love each other!!