Saturday, September 4, 2010

Claire Quotes

I have been meaning to write down some of the things Claire has said lately - she picks up on everything we say, which is very cool but also a little strange to hear your words come out of a soon to be 3-year-old's mouth. It reminds me that I need to be sensitive to this little girl's spirit, especially when she parrots back to me "you are driving me crazy!"... not your proudest day as a parent.

But... she has said some pretty cute things of late. Here is a running list of a few of them. I wish I could somehow write the inflections in her voice - and show her facial expressions. She's very dramatic, has the eye roll down pat, and does a great hand-on-her hips glare when upset. Can't wait for the teenage years...

When asked if she and her cousin were going to be princesses when they grew up, Genevieve said yes, and Claire said, "No, I'm not going to be a princess, I'm going to get married!"

After meeting me for dinner after being with Matt for most of the day, she said, "It's so good to see ya!" in this sort of southern drawl, and put her arm around me like we were best pals.

Talking to her dolls - "Do you have to go potty? Do you? Well, you can get a lollipop if you go..." If only she would take her own advice.

We were reading together on my bed and she was picking out words she knows and smiling and laughing - I said, "Claire you are darling!" She said, "No I'm not, I'm not darling. I'm not Wendy!" (as in Wendy Darling from Peter Pan)

She says phrases that we must say all the time, because I don't know where else she would get them - "Sounds like a plan," "What a great idea!" or "Does that sound good to you?"

We met up with Matt for a doctor appt for Miles and when he left to go back to work, Claire said, "Mom, Dad is a good man" as we drove away. I think Matt had been coaching her on that one...

4 comments:

Jen H. said...

Adorable quotes! I am so used to Facebook, my first inclination upon reading Claire's lines was to click "like." I can totally picture her saying all of those things with a little sass!

Kara said...

These are great- she's pretty funny and smart too! I need to be better at writing stuff like this down too. You forget so easily!

Stephanie Carmi said...

ADORABLE!!!

Jacqui said...

Absolutely precious!