Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kids Quotes

Oh Miles - he is a chatter box these days. Words and sentences sounding much better during the last few months especially. Claire is as vocal as ever, though she does have her shy moments (outside the house, of course). Here are some of their recent gems:

Claire was brushing my hair and trying out different hair styles, spraying my hair with the leave in conditioner I use to detangler her hair. She said, "Do you know what a shrink-a-mah-doodle is?" I said, like a shrinky dink? And she said, "No, it's a hair style I am going to do on you." I.... can't wait Claire.

Then it was Miles turn to do my hair. He mostly wanted to spray my hair with the conditioner. He sprayed once, twice, three times about 2 cm from my head. I said, one more spray Miles. Squirt... squirt. I said - Miles, what does one more time mean to you? And with a mischievous look on his face said, "Two!"

Miles is very into saying our complete names lately - first and last. Which is a big deal, considering he refused to say his own name for so long. We like to get him to practice everyone's names to make up for his previous silence. In fact, when my friend Becky Baird was in town recently, he called her Becky Baird Hiller. She is officially adopted.

We were watching Star Wars all together and Miles started reciting our names. Miles Bi-Wan, Claire Bi-Wan, Matt Bi-Wan, Shannon Bi-Wan. Should I be concerned? :)

3 comments:

Beej said...

Yeah!!! I'm one of the crew!

Jacqui said...

Do they make Claire's outfit in my size? I want it!!!

Stephanie Carmi said...

The 'shrinka-mah-doodle' thing had me laughing out loud shan, that was too adorable.