Sunday, April 29, 2012

Visit from Papa Johnson

My dad came to visit as part of his annual trip to the Laughlin River Run. We were so happy to see him and the kids were very attentive. I heard Miles say "Where's Papa-May-Duke?" exactly 351 times before Papa came - and now I am hearing it again because he wants to go visit their house. We will be there soon enough - since my little brother Matty is getting married in August. But that's another story...

I think some of my favorite parts of dad's visit were seeing him with my kids - listening to Claire read him her books, and seeing Miles come down in the morning and lay next to him on the couch for some cuddle time. I looked over a few times and Miles had his hand on my dad's cheek - precious! We also had a nice visit with my aunt Cindy and I always love hearing them reminisce about their childhood. I usually find out something about myself in the process - this time it was about my competitiveness and focus. Dad has some crazy intense football stories...

We also went on our customary trip to Bass Pro Shop and Miles was in heaven with the shooting range and we got to see the divers in the aquarium.
I had a plan to pay back my loud neighbors with a little Harley noise around 5 am. We have had the pleasure of listening to their TV all night, their dirt bikes roaring up and down the street for hours, and electric guitars on the porch. But then I realized my dad would have to get up at 5 am too... I will have to think of another revenge plan. :)
See you soon Papa! We had a great time!

1 comment:

Stephanie Carmi said...

Where do I sign up for a visit from your dad?