Monday, April 2, 2012

Projects

It's been busy around here - we have several projects going on at the same time and I am feeling a little crazy/stressed/pregnant. One of the projects, which I am not directly involved with, is rebuilding Matt's 1965 Chevy Nova. This car has been sitting in our garage for several years (and in his parent's garage before that) and now is the time. Get. It. Done.

My job is to try to keep the kids away from the garage while Matt and Papa work on the car a few days a week. Oh, the temptation of being out with the boys in the garage. It is too much for two little people to resist, and it is just easier to take them to the park or better yet, to Target and spend some money I don't have.

I have been told "we are close" - but I have learned to not ask for an estimated completion date because that leads to me being annoyed when it doesn't happen. So, for now, we are just trying to finish it up before baby comes. I hope to take more pictures along the way and show their progress. These pictures are after maybe 4 weeks of rebuilding the car, working tone to two days a week.


More on our other projects soon - new flooring, paint, windows, organizing kids' rooms, and moving Miles stuff to Claire's room a bit at a time. Bunk beds - arriving soon. I am tired just writing it all out.

No comments: