Monday, January 7, 2013

Kiddo Quotes

It's time for another installment of kids say the darndest things!

Betty watched the kids last week when school was out so she had all three of our kids plus Genevieve. When it was nap time, Claire read the story and Genevieve sang the lullaby. I sing the kids their own song before naps and before bedtime every night. But when Claire found out that lullabies, a term not often used at our house, were for babies, she said, "I'm taking a break from songs from now on! I'm gonna work on big kid stuff instead." That night at bedtime I said, well I guess no song for you Claire. She said, "Well fine, but tonight is the LAST night!"


Miles kept asking me to make my eyes bonk. He said, "Do it mom, make your eyes bonk!" Well around here a bonk is a hit or a hurt. I finally realized he meant to cross my eyes - so the eyes hit together :)


Claire came in to the living room with her lips completely blue. Matt asked her what happened and she said, "Well, I hate to tell you this Dad.... (sigh) but I ate all the fun dip."

We watched Mickey's Christmas Carol that has the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk in it - and Miles started saying, "Fe Fi Fo Five Six!"

We have about 3 tubes of Butt Paste,a diaper rash cream, around here but we can never seem to find it when we need it. Miles found a tube and squeezed out a bunch on his hands - super thick and hard to clean off. He just happened upon some tax papers we had set out that day near the computer and he wiped his hands on my W2s. Claire lectured Miles about not making a mess and then said, "Well, at least those papers don't have to worry about a sore bum!"

At bedtime we sometimes make up variations to classic stories. The other night Claire told me a no less than 10 minute story that combined the Three Little Pigs with Brave and The Three Bears. She said the Three Javelinas (a southwest type of pig that's in a storybook we have) went for a walk while their porridge cooled and in the forest where they met a bear that tried to eat them and they ran away and had to build their own home in the forest for protection. But then a fox came (not sure why a fox replaced the wolf) and tried to eat the javelinas but they got away and ran back to the house where the porridge was ready for them to eat. And it was pretty much a run on sentence just like my summary. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Carmi said...

Love love love the fun dip one. Sorry Dad!