Tuesday, January 29, 2013

She's Mobile!

I'm going to go ahead and say Penelope is crawling, though not very fast yet and not very far. She can get to anywhere she needs to go through a series of rolls, rotations and lunges. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth and then moves her arms and legs forward a few times before going back on her belly. I am ok with this speed - I can still keep her in a relatively small area. But I know that fairly soon, nothing will be safe and I will have to seriously improve our baby proofing efforts. I am seeing choking hazards left and right. As Claire and Miles get older, their toys get smaller. A stray Barbie shoe could get us in trouble. Maybe this new development will help me be a better housekeeper too. :)







5 comments:

soggydance said...

I love that baby girl! Yeah Baby P!

Stephanie Carmi said...

life will be infinitely more challenging soon...these things progress so quickly - from the looks of it, you may only have a few weeks before she's totally mobile!! good luck mama!!!

Emily said...

Yay for Penelope! Brooke is starting to roll all over the floor as well, and I was just having similar thoughts this morning. Time to be more vigilant with the vacuum and toy cleanup. Good luck!

Kara said...

Those big blue eyes!! She is adorbs!

Beej said...

Oh she needs to cool it with the cute. I am gonna pass out.