Thursday, May 10, 2007

Second Anniversary


Matt and I celebrated our second anniversary on May 7, 2007 - time is flying by! We went out to dinner at Lawry's Prime Rib restaurant and then took some dessert home with us. A pretty simple evening.


Our bigger plans to celebrate were to go to Orlando, Florida this weekend for 5 days and do the Disney World park and the other attractions out there... But, I just had this feeling that something would not go right. Either the low pressure system off the coast would turn into a huge storm, or something else would happen... I woke up Wednesday morning with the flu that Matt had just gotten over, and I am still feeling pretty lousy.


After being paralysed with indecision over what to do - do we go to FL anyway and then I just sit in our hotel room and feel sick? Or do we cancel the flight with the chance that we might not get out there again before the baby is born? We cancelled the flight. And after still feeling sick today, I know we made the right choice.



I am bummed though - I really wanted to go!!! Sorry Becky!










2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy anniversary guys! That stinks about having to cancel your trip. Hope you feel better. So, how did the ultrasound go?

Matt and Shannon said...

our ultrasound was amazing! We need to post the pictures, but I couldn't get our scanner to work... everything is healthy and A-OK! and of course, so cute! :)