Monday, May 28, 2007

Week 23 - 119 days to go!

So, I'm still not quite good at counting things in weeks, but I guess I should get used to it since you count the baby's age in weeks for awhile too. Iam at 23+ weeks, almost 24 by mid-week.
At this stage, the baby can feel my movements, and I can really feel the baby moving around too - and I know it's not just my stomach being upset or something, which is kind of cool. It's still mostly something that only I can feel, but Matt did feel a kick the other day when he/she was being particularly active. Feeling the baby move is amazing - and makes everything seem more real. It's also kind of weird... like you are this host for a little creature growing inside of you... Kind of like Alien or something, only cute, not scary. :)
Everyone still thinks that we are crazy for not finding out if we are having a girl or a boy, but since the ultrasound has come and gone, all of the arguments for finding out are really moot. So, I am getting into some fun nursery design ideas with my friends Shelly and Kristen, who have great taste. We are looking at fabrics that really aren't baby designs at all - very modern with fun colors like kelly green or brown and red. No pastel yellow and green for me!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Isn't it the neatest when you can feel your baby kicking and moving around? It suddenly makes everything real. And I'll bet that was awesome when Matt felt the kicking. You guys are going to be such great parents!