Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Ultrasound - It's a .... ????


We went in for our ultrasound on May 9, despite my sudden bout with the stomach flu (the doctor's office was going to charge me $50 to cancel... Rude!). Anyway, it was an amazing experience, and completely distracted me from feeling like I was going to vomit all over the ultrasound tech.

My first ultrasound was basically a picture of a dancing piece of rice... I was only about 8 weeks pregnant. This time it was a completely different story. I am in love with this child! It was so amazing - I just held Matt's hand and stared and stared at the screen. We got a few waves from two hands, each with five perfect fingers. The shot we got of the feet was so cute! Matt had to know how big everything was... the feet are each 3 centimeters long - that's a little over an inch. How can something that small be so perfectly formed already? Amazing!!!

Everything looked good and was normal on the charts for both me and the baby. My due date stays the same - Sept 20th. It feels more real seeing what's going on inside of me - I have been thinking that I've felt the baby kick for a few weeks now, but then I think I'm imaging it. But, the past few days I have felt a very distinctive - bump, bump, bump - that I know is not remnants of the flu.

And, we held out and did NOT find out the sex of the baby... sorry all you friends and family who were hoping we'd change our minds (we are part of the 5% of people who don't find out). You'll just have to wait for the big surprise!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Shannon and Matt, those pictures are sooo cute! Isn't it amazing?! That little baby is inside of you! Those little feet, can't wait to tickle them. :) Love you guys.
Becky

Emily said...

Awwww, we are so happy for you guys! Love your pictures. You're right, the one of the feet is especially adorable. Good for you for sticking to your guns and not finding out. I'm sure it was very tempting, but WOW what an exciting day Sept. 20th is going to be!

Pete Codella said...

Very exciting. And welcome to the blogosphere. Glad you finally took the plunge.