Sunday, May 18, 2008

8 Months

Another month has gone by - Claire is already 8 months old. The phrase everyone told me after she was born keeps ringing in my ears - "9 months to gain the weight, 9 months to lose the weight." Since you are technically pregnant for more than nine months, do I get extra time? :) Matt and I are still doing Weight Watchers but I lost that original drive and have to recommit myself. I just love sweets way too much! Dang that Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip recipe!


Anyway, Claire is doing great - this is her new favorite pose - it's like she's asking a question, or being philosophical - she just raises up one hand like that... Anyway, we don't have another well-baby check up until 9 months so I'm not sure exactly how much she weights but I think it's around 21 pounds or so. Her hair is coming in more, and it looks lighter than when she was born. And her eyes are still very much a dark brown - no blue anywhere to be seen. She is talking up a storm and I think she likes to hear her voice - until you put the phone up to her mouth for Grandma to hear all the chatter. Then she just wants to eat the phone.


Matt and I got new fancy phones (our anniversary present to ourselves this year) so now Claire has two cell phones that are all her own. She can slobber on them to her heart's content.

5 comments:

Emily said...

It's totally fun to hear her talking all the time. So cute!

Kara said...

She's a doll! Time goes by so fast. good luck with W.W. I know how you can get burnt out on it. I wish I had some good advice for you, but as you can tell, I still struggle, and Nathan is almost 2!!!

Anonymous said...

Dominic is almost 3 and I still cling to the 9 month myth. Desperate hope from a desperate woman.
Claire is adorable! :)
Vickey

Becky said...

Oh, my little baby is getting so big. I tried to talk to D about moving there. I bet you can guess his answer. "I can't grow anything" and he told me how hot I was going to be. Wait, haven't I lived there before, twice?!

Jacqui said...

Man, she is cute! Eliza just learned how to sit up on her own(well, it's been a couple of weeks now) and pull herself to standing. She gets so frustrated when she goes down for a nap or bed because she stands right up and can't figure out how to sit down! She also started crawling yesterday. I need to blog about it. My Eliza Belle is teeny, though. She's got to be my most petite baby. I bet she doesn't weigh over 16-17 lbs. Love all those rolls on Claire. So cute and kissable!!