Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Crawling??

We are trying to get Claire to crawl - she has the push up part down, but not her legs yet. More often than not she scoots backwards, or rotates 360 degrees, or just decides to take a rest.


And I know we aren't supposed to skip crawling, but she likes to stand up already - but I kind of cheated and stood her up next to the couch so she could hold on - no pulling up yet either. But if I am being totally honest, I am not ready for crawling yet - our house is not child-proof and I will have a hard time working from home if Claire is mobile...

5 comments:

Kara said...

I remember how excited we were to get Nathan crawling, but I totally agree, it's all over when they can get where they want. Better start child-proofing now. Ready for tomorrow night?

Anonymous said...

Trey skipped crawling. I never pressured him to do anything and he just started pulliing himself up to the coffee table and stuff. I just thought, he'll do whatever he wants to do when he's ready to do it. Claire's pictures are so cute!

Alifinale said...

I love that she just wants to rest sometimes. I was always so anxious for the next stage so I totally understand and I hated it when people tried to tell me to chill out. And maybe Claire will be good and not get into everything - I never really baby proofed my house and it was ok.

Erika said...

Don't rush her. Mobility is madness. Owen is walking and, as cute as he is, he is trouble. Katie never crawled, but loved to pull up on everything. Claire won't be physically-challenged if she doesn't crawl. You'll just enjoy seeing her do whatever she does to take its place. Katie pushed herself around on her back. Weird, but it got her where she wanted to be, and a bald spot.

Emily said...

Cali never crawled. She kinda scooted right before deciding that she was too cool for it and wanted to walk. I'm pretty sure Reagan is a crawler because she loves our cat (and maybe believe she is one.) So in order to keep up with him, and with Cali, she's a crawler. It's so cute and I'm glad one of our kids wanted to crawl, but WOW, I wasn't ready to baby proof our house.

Cute picture. I can't believe how grown up Claire is. What a cutie girl!