Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Junk Drawer

I don't know why it took him so long actually, since it's not child-proofed, but Miles has recently discovered the junk drawer. The drawer contains very random things that I probably should just throw away, but for some reason I am too lazy (I will blame pregnancy). He gets in there multiple times a day and brings out the most interesting things to play with, and it is kind of fun to see what he will come up with.

And though it does highlight my need to clean out said junk drawer, it is interesting how the drawer is like a little time capsule - things in the way back are just about pre-kids I think, then the things in the front are from recent days, or stuff I actually use often like tape, pens and Claire's hair brush.

So far he has found:

1. A plastic chopstick that he has turned into a "Potter wand", as in Harry.

2. Small sticky note stack that he unpeeled one by one, crumpled up and put into a bowl. He asked me to pour water over it to make cereal.
3. A pedometer (oh yeah, I used to exercise)
4. Tape, that he used to cover his mouth (it was a quiet 45 seconds)
5. A glow stick from a past camping trip
6. An unopened toothbrush
7. Multiple hair accessories
8. Layers of random crafting tools - ribbon glue, crochet hooks, glue sticks, etc

Time to organize. I am starting to "nest" a bit - we are cleaning out the garage and the kids' rooms to make space for baby. Might as well add the junk drawer to the list.

No comments: