Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kid Quotes

Miles calls an apple a "wah wah" - for no explicable reason. He will say "a" and "pple" but when asked to combine the two, it's still "wah wah." The other day we were in Sam's club and there was a display of pineapples. I thought, here we go - surely he will say a new word that contains the word apple. I said, "Miles, say pineapple." He said, "pine wah wah." Go figure.

Claire is resisting her afternoon naps - I guess I should count myself lucky that she has napped this long. So we do quiet time in her room, and sometimes she ends up asleep, sometimes she doesn't. I had a work call scheduled while working from home so I told her she needed to do quiet time while I had the call. She said, "It would be a lot easier if you did what I want to do, Mom." Oh boy.


The other day Claire told me that polka dots are her favorite color. Mine too, Claire! It's no wonder she likes polka dots with them in her bedroom, on her comforter, on a blanket, clothes and church bag. I can't help myself.

Miles has now started calling everyone a silly goose (I blame myself for saying it to him a few times), He says it after almost everything, only since he doesn't pronounce the end of most words it comes out, "That's my drink, silly goo!"


Watching Star Wars, Claire was asking me non-stop questions and driving me crazy. I am not the Star Wars buff that Matt is so I was trying to get her to stop asking me questions. She said, "Mom, I am just really, really interested in learning about this stuff."

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Gosh, but your Claire has gorgeous dark hair. My Babe's beautiful dark fur she was born with has turned BLOND. How does that happen to a mama with hair like mine? I suppose it was too much to ask for a child with dark brown tresses. Alas, I will swoon over Claire's and hope Babe's turns when she's older. :)