Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mitt Wins Nevada

While visiting Brady Industries to look at their large meeting space for our BYU Management Society luncheons, I stumbled into a meeting of the Mitt Romney call center, all prepped and ready for a visit from Mitt. Once inside the room, secret service had us all stay inside until Mitt arrived, so though I had already checked out the room for our purposes, I was stuck. So, I just settled in to see Mitt. I was a Romney delegate in 2008, so it was kind of cool to see how much support he had in that room and in Clark County. A day later, he won the caucus for Nevada. The caucus was kind of a mess - I wish we just had a primary like everyone else. If you want to participate, you have to be there at 9 am and then everyone has to make their case for why they should be a delegate, who they would vote for, answer questions from the audience, etc. Since it's not an in and out process, Matt and I have taken turns attending (and being delegates) the last two elections. We should have just brought our kids. Oh well - live and learn.

No comments: