Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trip to Placerville

We made an impromptu trip to California for President's weekend to visit the Johnson's. I feel like I have this small window of time to take these trips - no newborn, no school, and a holiday thrown in the mix. But oh the bathroom breaks and the sitting for 10 hours in the car - that was brutal to this pregnant lady. But it was worth it - we had a great time and hopefully Miles and Claire got their fill of the outdoors, animals, and Papa-May-Duke (the word Miles has created to mean going to Placerville.

Lily and Claire did their makeup. Claire had purple eyebrows for two days.



A rare quiet moment with Miles and Rosy


Me and Megan, and the next cousins - due 3 weeks apart


Trip up to Apple Hill and Boa Vista Orchards for some apple doughnuts and local apples and honey. The Vegas kiddos were freezing - Miles is especially wimpy in the cold.







The theme of every night of our trip - homemade ice cream! Oreo and toasted almond, our favorites. I ate waaaay too much. I am guessing at least five pounds to show for this trip. Just a drop in the bucket, these days. :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like fun. :) I really like the pictures of dad and Miles. Super sweet. Man I would have loved to have gone to Apple Hill.
Claire's eyebrows are certainly colorful.
Looks like fun with mom and dad. I wish the drive wasn't do long, I miss them.

Stephanie Carmi said...

27 years later... i still want to be a child in your placerville home. ;)