Tuesday, March 20, 2012

32 Weeks!

To mark the day I turned 32 weeks pregnant, I got to hear the following comments from my children:

As I get out of the shower, Miles opens the bathroom door (dang, forgot to lock it!) and he starts laughing, hard. He points at me and says, "Mommy, funny body!! Funny body!" Everything is about his body lately - for example, he says poop comes out of his body, not his bum. I guess my big belly is funny to him these days.

Then later in the day, Claire says, "Mom, why is your bum so big?" I said to balance out my big belly so I don't fall over. I guess that wasn't a good enough answer because she said, "But WHY is it so big?"

Sheesh, children! I told Claire to not every tell anyone they have a big bum, ever. And in my mind I was thinking, and especially not to a hormonal, sensitive pregnant lady who really does have one...

4 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

totally getting those comments lately, too! comments or screams...not sure which is worse ;) haven has asked several men with pot bellies if they have a baby in their tummy, and nash asked alison why her tummy was big for a while after she had palmer. kids have NO tact!

Erika said...

After one of my pregnancies Bob told me how much smaller my rear was. He was shocked when I got mad at him.

Beej said...

Oh my gosh, your kids need their own reality tv show.

Becky said...

Will you be mad at me if I tell you I am laughing uncontrollably right now? Kids!!!!