Friday, March 2, 2012

Can New Makeup Bring You Happiness?

If none of your clothes fit, and even your shoes are starting to betray you, then yes, new makeup can be the boost you need. Here are my new favorites, some were a splurge but if I ask for makeup as a present, I don't feel the typical guilt at spending too much money. And if the products really work, then it's worth it to me to spend more.

Stila - Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner (in black). It dries super fast and really does last.


Stila - Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner (in Lionfish). At Sephora, the salesperson drew the eyeliner on her hand, waited about 10 seconds and then tried to rub it off. It didn't even smudge. I was sold.


Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure nail polish - lasts for about 5 days with no chips. I like Kook-a-Mango, an orangy color. I also bought a dark purple/black color that I like a lot.


Make Up For Ever - HD Foundation - more than I would ever spend on foundation (hence the V-Day gift) but I love that they have a ton of shades and each color has a version with either yellow or pink undertones so you can always find a match.

5 comments:

Erika said...

Oh, how I miss you and your makeup expertise. You know how challenged I am. Well, I had a friend from church try to show me some makeup tips and the whole time I thought, "I'm pretty sure Shannon would disagree." I am such a Shannon snob. What base and top coats do you use for your nail polish? I've yet to find any that work to my liking, which is to last longer than a couple of handwashes.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

you just sold me on the smudgestick. i am forever trying to find an eyeliner that will stay put with my saggy baggy eyelids (my genes seriously failed me there). thanks for the tip!

Stephanie Carmi said...

i just sorta skipped over this post. ;)

Jacqui said...

Between the two eyeliners, which is your fave? I need a waterproof one that will stay on all day and through a work out.

Matt and Shannon said...

I would choose the pencil - more versatile since you can make it darker or lighter, and use it on both top and bottom of your eye. I just use the liquid on my top lid.