Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kid Quotes

I have started writing quotes into my phone so I don't forget them - I wish I could have everything they say recorded so you can hear their inflections - that's half the fun for me.

Miles latest answer to a question like, "Do you like that Miles?" or "How is your food?" is, "Ummmm....Not bad."

Claire is very into crafting lately, mainly making cards and pictures for people. She said, "I'm going to make something for Tessa and Mia (two of our regular babysitters) because they are nice and say nice words like please pass the pickles and thank you and you're welcome. And they wipe their feet on the rug. That's good manners."

We were talking about painting our house (fingers crossed) before the baby comes and I asked Claire about colors she would like. She said, "I desire.... pink!" Desire?? Her vocab choices crack me up sometimes.

Claire and Miles were absolutely going crazy jumping off the couch and onto a pile of cushions they had built. I was just waiting for the tears to start when Claire stops mid-hysteria and says, "Mom, why did you decide to have two kids?" I said, "I don't know Claire, I really don't know..." and I just started laughing so hard because I was just thinking - why did I decide to have THREE kids? It had been at tough day and she caught me off guard, but we all ended up laughing together.

In big news, Miles said APPLE!! No more wah-wahs around here. He saw an apple outside, and then I put up a wreath with green apples on it and Matt pointed at the wreath and said Miles, say ap-ple. And Miles did! I guess he finally decided to not be so stubborn. I knew he could say it all along.

No comments: