Friday, March 9, 2012

Is There Anything Better?

Than fresh cinnamon rolls out of the oven? I finally made this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, and while there are a ton of steps that are spread out over a few hours, they are perhaps the best cinnamon rolls I have ever eaten. Fair warning, the recipe makes 7+ pans, so plan to share or find some freezer space. I think the secret is that you put the maple frosting on while the rolls are hot, so the frosting oozes all over and soaks into the bread. And it's not too mapley, don't worry. Also, the recipe says to let the finished dough chill for awhile before rolling it out. I made half the dough before chilling, and the other half the next day. The chilled dough definitely made for a prettier, more held together cinnamon roll, though they both tasted the same.

This photo does not do them justice, and I obviously don't have the Pioneer Woman's food photography skills (just the ole iPhone).

2 comments:

Becky said...

Those do look exceptionally delish!!!

Jen H. said...

I will help you eat them. :)